Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ok... so I walked into the house and Bella was at her kitchen gate with tail going full Mock One Hummingbird speed... this was not a good thing... typically she is asleep on her dog bed and all I get is "the nod" until the gate comes down.... then I get tail wagging... licking... hopping... excitement... but not while the gate is up.... uh oh...

As I got closer... I saw the absolute havoc she had wreaked... also not her usual modus operandi ... aside from the odd yummy used paper towel getting knawed on. She is a really good girl while she is home on her own... barracked in the kitchen.

The garbage can contents were strewn from one end of the kitchen to the other... AND... there were drops of blood everywhere... it looked like friggin' Helter Skelter...

As it turns out... I had thrown away a broken glass jar of peanut butter (her favorite) I dropped this morning... and she knows she gets empty plastic jars to clean out... must have smelled it... tried to get it... can't see another reason... and no, no, no... she did not get into the glass from the PB jar... but she did find a soup can from the kids thermos lunch today... and did a very nice job slicing her tongue on the attached lid! Twice!

Oh my, but was she not the proudest dog ever... "See what I did mommy?"

Talked to our vet... no chew toys or Nylas for a few days, wet her food down, and give her lots of love... watching for infection obviously...

Woulda, coulda, shoulda taken a video of the carnage!! Hopefully this will be a lesson learned... hmmmm....

0 comments:

Post a Comment