Saturday, March 1, 2008
The personal post....

This week I had the Essure procedure done. Permanent Birth Control. It is a form of tubal blockage that does not require surgery. I have 3 gorgeous children and as the saying goes... "Hell yes, I'm done!"...

So... I did my research on ways to get off additional hormones (birth control pills)... found a wonderfull new OB/GYN who was not 35 miles from home (sorry Dr, Tong...) and talked to her about the procedure. She told me she would not do a true tubal ligation anymore if her patient's insurance covered Essure. No anethesia, No Incisions... 100% effective in clinical trials... Decision made... appointment made...

"E" Day... Nurses were wonderful... fluffy pink robe and a walk to the procedure room... it was not horrible... but not comfortable either... I got a little sweaty and my pressure dropped... irregular heartbeats... almost passed out from hyperventilating... from nervousness and a little pain... but she was done in 30 minutes... Dr, Wright was amazing., patient and soothing.. got to watch the whole thing on a screen... pretty cool actually... no narcotics, no incisions and I walked out of her office 30 minutes after that... a little crampy, sure... but the alternative would be surgery or an IUD of hormones or copper... toxic either way... this was a good thing.

Spent some time with a heating pad and cuddling that night... and was back at work yesterday... all in all... happy with the choice I made...

0 comments:

Post a Comment