Monday, May 28, 2007

Lauren... can whistle without trying?

Tooth number two... OUT... she was very excited and the tooth faerie came as expected. $2 this time ($5 with the first tooth). The even neater thing is that she is sitting here in bed with me reading this out loud to me as I write it. That is more exciting than the tooth.

She has done really well in Kindergarten... and despite her fliberty gibbit ways was a really good attentive student all year... having made it into the first grade words by January...

She has an explorer's spirit... and her need to set off to conquer our neighborhood is a little nerve wracking at times... despite repeated talks about sticking close to home, she had no problem striking out for new adventures and even less problem coming home dirtier than I have ever seen her (and you all know how much dirty damage this girl can get up to). I belive she needs a Lojack... or maybe an "Invisible Fence" collar... oops Lauren went over a block too far.... Zap! I remember being the same way... walking miles and miles to the park once in third grade... never coming home until dark... but as we all know... times have changed!

The weather Saturday was a little cool and rainy... Sunday was gorgeous and today, for the holiday, is promised even nicer...

Brad and I made a Middle Eastern inspired dinner Saturday... hummus (he made and it was really good), cucumber and Greek yogurt sauce (I think neither of us will have any worries about vampires for about a year with all the garlic I put into it), grilled lamb and chicken for kabobs, pita and some really yummy grape leaves from the local ethnic market near his house.

Sunday we grilled more with the girls... London Broil and Italian bread with garlic, mushroom Brie and smoked salmon with red onion and cucumber... Emma liked the Brie until she found out the dreaded mushrooms were hiding in there. Brad cooked the steak perfectly...

His knowledge of computers is daunting and comforting at the same time... I got a soft verbal scolding for not having my wireless secured... and he promptly, deftly took care of it for me...

Lauren is bouncing up and down for breakfast (the girl never eats.... ever... malnourished practically... NOT). And then some weeding before it gets too warm... Lauren has some sunflowers to plant that they started growing at school. Hoping those will continue on... I think she will get a kick out of how tall they get and how big the flowers grow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment