Monday, May 21, 2007
What a nice weekend! The weather was perfect on Saturday. Took the girls for a walk along the river in Naperville. They had fun calling out all the different things they saw in the water: a golf ball, a cell phone, a fish... Lauren climbed the big hill by the carillon bell tower and just flitted from place to place like a butterfly. They met a "man" and his greyhound. They liked both the man and his dog. Which makes me happy.

Had dinner with my man. We wandered Caputo's Italian market for about an hour... picking and choosing yummy antipasti type foods: ended up with prociuto and melon, eggplant salad, olives, cheese, cubed Italian meats, bruccetta tomatoes and grilled Italian bread loaded with garlic... it was complexly simple. And a nice glass of Cabernet matched up well. He made really good espresso which we complimented with lemon oil.

Sunday was a little chillier, and we started our day with a hearty Mexican breakfasts... chilequiles for me and huevos rancheros for him. A little bit of Sunday paper reading and a day of retail exploration. IKEA... saw a couple things there I would like including a beautiful plum colored comforter and some larger house plants... I think he was amused by the sudden burst of coffee hyperactivity that disappeared as suddenly as it arrived. Then we looked at Bass Pro Shop... never would have thought to go there, but we had fun looking... I still think I should have purchased the lime green baseball cap that said "Kiss my Bass" in bling sequins...

Sunday night another nice dinner of steak and a goat cheese salad... more dangerously good grilled garlic bread... and some dark chocolate...

A fire in the fireplace and the Simpsons... an early and restful night sleep... it was a lovely day.

Today the weather was glorious as well... need to settle in and accept that responsible working adults need to be indoors working even when the day is calling to come out and soak up the suns rays and play...

Tomorrow I turn 40. On some levels it is a little sad. But when I look at what I have... 3 beautiful girls... the possibility of love... and looking damn good for my age... it's not so bad.
I guess I should fess up that it makes me feel good to have people tell me that I don't look anywhere near 39... it will sound even better when they say I don't look near 40... moisturize, moisturize, moisturize... and maybe drinking a bit more water than I do...

1 comments:

thomas said...

Sounds like a most delightful day indeed! Especially the part about the food and Cabernet!

Post a Comment